Admission requirements are the formal criteria, which must be fulfilled for admission to a specific study program.
In accordance with § 18 of the Federal State of Lower Saxony University Act, the eligibility to study at a university of applied sciences is proven by:
- the general qualification for university entrance (Abitur)
- the general technical college entrance qualification (FOS diploma or admission to the Abitur plus one year of practical training or transfer to grade 12 plus at least two years of vocational training)
- Aptitude Examination or
- a previous educational qualification recognised as equivalent by the Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs (e.g. by a master craftsman's examination or the completed course of education "state-certified technician" or "state-certified business economist")
You can find a detailed overview of which school and vocational qualifications lead to the higher education entrance qualification on the website of the General Student Advisory Service of the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Hannover
and the pages of the Student Advisory Service in Lower Saxony.
For an overview of the general admission requirements at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Hannover, the page on General Admission Requirements can be read.
- University Entrance Qualification (available in German)
- Entry and Admission Regulations (available in German)